Friday, August 24, 2007

WTF?!

So, the craziest thing just happened. I was taking a walk to the corner gas station to buy some cigarettes. As I'm walking out, some middle aged foreign guy in a car asked me if I'm looking for a part time job. I was like, "Uhh..." and he says he owns the gas station and takes me in the back room to discuss the job. He looks at me and goes, "So, you smoke?" making a gesture of smoking a roach. I reply, "Uh, sometimes, I guess?" I stare at his greasy balding head. "So, the job... basically, it's ...cleaning houses. You know how to clean, right?" I say, "Well, of course." He goes on to tell me he's going to pay me under the table, and that he owns several apartment buildings. At this point, I'm feeling quite edgy. I mean, yeah, I had a couple beers, but this was beyond the scope of anything that's happened to me recently (or ever, in this situation). This was completely unexpected. And damn, I'd already given him my name and phone number. After speaking very very briefly about the "job," he asks me if I do anything "hard." As in drugs, get your mind out of the-- well, maybe. Maybe he was trying to get me to become a sex slave. OMG. I reply quickly, "No! Of course not!" He smiles, "So, would you like to go get some 'stuff,' or are you busy?" I mumble, "No, I've got to go back..." And with that I left, walking briskly back to my apartment. Now, I ask you, WTF?

No comments: