Friday, May 25, 2007

"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming"


My mom was obsessed with H.P. Lovecraft when I was growing up. We lived in this old colonial house in, of course, Rhode Island. We had this well in our front yard, covered by a big grey rock and a little uh, well house? I dunno what you call those. Anyways, she used to tell me that Cthulhu lived in that very well. I had few friends as I kinda lived in the middle of nowhere and went to a private school a half an hour away from home. So, I became fascinated with the concept that Cthulhu lived in MY well. I began writing him notes and drawing pictures which I dropped into the well. I wanted to befriend him. I mean, who wouldn't?! So, today I've done some research about this crazy underwater noise called a "bloop" that scientists recorded. More about this later. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. that would have been awesome. when i was younger(10 years ago or so) i was really into the whole cthulhu mythos. so whats this bloop you were talking about?

CourtC777 said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloop

All about the Bloop. :)